When it’s time for you to invest in an air conditioner, you are faced with the most important question: should you opt for a split or ducted system? Ducted and split systems have many key differences. Knowing the differences will help you choose what type of air conditioning installation will suit your needs perfectly.
Ducted Air Conditioning Sydney
In this type of AC system, fan coils are installed in the roof space of the workplace or home, and ducts from the air conditioning unit go over to each room in the building or house, allowing you to cool or warm up the space as needed. Install ducted air conditioning ensures your home has cool air in summer and warm in winter regardless if you have a small home. So, give us a call if you need ducted ac installation services!
While the ducted system does require more energy and has a higher initial purchase cost, in the long run, it can prove to be more efficient than having several split system air conditioners installed to cool or heat up your house.
Since ducted air con systems, when zoned, provide you the option of deactivating the system in selective rooms, you can conserve energy. Another major advantage of the ducted air conditioners is that they are very quiet and thus, let you enjoy the cool comfort in peace.
Which Is the Right Option for You?
The choice of the system that you should opt for depend entirely vary depending on your requirements and the way you wish to use the system in the future. If you wish to only cool or warm up a single storey home with a few rooms and leave the rest of the areas untouched, then a split system should be a great choice for you. It will be cost efficient and also cheap to maintain.
However, if your entire building requires heating or cooling at some point, then it is unwise to have split systems installed in each and every room individually. This will cost you a lot more. Thus, you should opt for a ducted air conditioning system as it can be reverse cycle and zone it for better control over each room and keep your energy consumption in control.
Duct system air conditioning is usually preferred for commercial purposes or in industries where it is not convenient to have an individual split system installed in all the offices and rooms. This system allows the businesses to work in a comfortable, peaceful environment and gives them complete control over the system in order to maintain the overall energy running costs.
Want to know more about Ducted air conditioning vs Split system? Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of each system to give you a better idea.
Ducted System Air Conditioning
- Since the system can be hidden away out of sight – behind walls and ceilings, it doesn’t affect your home’s décor or looks.
- Allows you to maintain an even temperature throughout the house.
- When the AC is zoned, you can control the temperature of each room.
- Takes up space, so might not work for smaller homes with less room to spare.
- Much more expensive to install a ducted air conditioner when compared to a split system.
- Not very flexible since, to cool a living area or single room, you will have to cool the entire house (unless you have it zoned, which is an additional expense). So, ducted air conditioning costs in energy will be high.
Split System Air Conditioning
- Much cheaper to install than the ducted system.
- More flexible as it can be installed in just one room, and you can add more units in the future if needed.
- Very energy efficient for smaller spaces – cost-effective option.
- The external and internal units are unsightly and can ruin your home’s aesthetic appeal.
- Not very efficient at cooling a large space.
- Additional units can turn out to be cost-intensive.
If you’re still unsure which type of air conditioner—split system vs ducted—you should choose for your home or workspace and wondering how much ducted air conditioning installation costs, get in touch with our experts and they’ll help you decide. We provide professional air conditioning services in Sydney and the South West Sydney area.
Enercell Air Conditioning is your trusted ducted aircon installation specialists that has years of experience in the field with competitive prices on our units and services.
We specialise in all brands of air conditioners such as Mitsubishi Electric, Sharp, Carrier, LG, Daikin and more. Call us on 1300 108 492 for ducted air conditioning installation in Sydney needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much is the cost of ducted air conditioning installation?
A: If you are wondering how much is ducted aircon installation, the cost of ducted air conditioning installation varies significantly based on factors like home size, system complexity, brand, and location. On average, prices can range from a few thousand to tens of thousands of dollars. Energy efficiency, features, and local contractor quotes play a role in determining the final cost.